NCML is committed to compliance with all applicable state and federal legislation, industry codes of conduct and industry best practice. This includes the National Credit Code, the Privacy Act and National Privacy Principles, the Federal Trade Practices Act, the ASIC / ACCC Debt Collection Guideline and the Banking Code of Practice.
NCML maintains the appropriate licences to conduct its business throughout Australia, and operational staff receive full training in all aspects of compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements of the industry.
As a subsidiary of Credit Corp, NCML is actively involved in the ongoing development of the industry through our participation in industry governing bodies and professional associations. Industry memberships include:
South Australia - Investigation Agents Licence ISL60667 (Security and Investigation Industry Act 1995)
Western Australia - Debt Collector's Licence 5356 (Debt Collectors Licensing Act 1964)
NCML is Quality Assurance Accredited to ISO 9001:2015 for the Provision of Debt Recovery Services. Through accreditation we provide our clients the confidence of dealing with a compliant, reputable and professional company with a system of internal controls that regularly undergo comprehensive independent audit processes.
Benefits arising from our Quality Assurance Accreditation include:
- A detailed compliance framework covering legal and regulatory requirements
- Professional and ethical work practices
- A robust operational platform
- Adherence to established industry standards and best practices
- A proactive system of risk management policies
- An effective customer service program
- An efficient complaints handling mechanism
NCML manages information under an Information Security Management System accredited to the ISO 27001:2013 standard, and is also certified to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Our information security management framework comprises an extensive and independently audited suite of data protections controls to ensure that personal information held by NCML is managed securely. This includes specific requirements for transmission, processing, transacting of storing information in our systems.
- NCML maintains an Employee Code of Conduct which outlines our expectations with respect to employee behaviour. Compliance with the Code is mandatory and a material breach of our ethical framework would be treated extremely seriously.
- NCML adopts the ACDBA Code of Practice.